ARPG 2-313

> Only peek inside the ruin

You tell Alice that as curious as you may be, going into such a place with just the two of you would be a bad idea. “You’re probably right about that. So you want to get the others?” She asks. You shrug, not really sure yet.

However, looking at the door, you do want to look inside just to see what you can spot. You step closer until you’re just outside the door. You ask Alice to shine her light deeper inside. It illuminates a long hallway that seems to fork off to the left and right a ways inside. Aside from that, you can’t see anything. However, you certainly can smell something.

313-1c.png

The scent is hard to describe, since it doesn’t quite smell like something you’ve ever experienced before. You wouldn’t call it a bad smell, but it’s also not a good one. It’s just a neutral sort. You ask Alice if she has any idea what it might be. “No clue.” She shakes her head. “That said…” She moves back over to the panel and closes the door. “Whatever it is, I don’t know if we should be sitting around inhaling it. C’mon, let’s get back to what we were doing.” You give her a nod, and the two of you make your way back to her supplies.

You start helping her pack up everything so that you can carry it out of the cave. After a few minutes though, your head starts feeling a little funny. It’s not much, but you’re fairly sure that the strange smell caused it. As soon as you start to feel it, you can feel it fading away slowly. You shake your head a bit, trying to clear it. “You too, huh?” Alice speaks up, looking at you. “Whatever was coming out of there is making me feel a little weird too.” You ask her if she’s fine. “Yeah, don’t worry. A little light-headed and uh… Well, mostly just light-headed.” She glances away from you as she says that last bit. “We should probably get some fresh air.” You give her a nod as the two of you start carrying the supplies out of the cave.

You carefully make your way past the two sleeping bats and back outside, where the two of you set the supplies down to rest for a moment. “That’s better.” Alice takes a deep breath of the morning air. “Maybe we shouldn’t go back to that ruin. I don’t know how that stuff would affect us if we were exposed to it for a long time.” You nod, saying that you wouldn’t want to pass out in there or anything.

“Yeah, though…” She glances back at the bats in the cave. “This… might sound a bit weird, but if that stuff made us feel weird from just that much, then those two… If they somehow managed to wander back into those ruins, it might not go well for them.” You ask if she thinks that ferals like them could actually open the ruin door. Alice just shrugs. “It’s not unheard of for ferals to get lucky with the door panel. If it’s unlocked, then it just takes a tap to open it up.” You ask her if she could lock the door, but she shakes her head. “I didn’t see any way to lock it from outside. Maybe from inside, but that’s not really an option.”

313-2c.png

The two of you pause for a moment, thinking. “I mean… It probably seems weird for me to worry about some ferals, but with some of the stuff that appears in those ruins, who knows what could happen.” You ask her if she has any ideas. “Well… They are asleep. We could probably just capture them. There’s other caves around, you know. Could drop them off somewhere else. Though just scaring them off might work too.” She shrugs. “I don’t know, I’m just not sure about leaving them here. Of course, there’s no way to make sure that they don’t just come back here if we scare them off or take them elsewhere. Not unless we just keep them, and um… I’m not great with pets.”

You consider what to do with the bats. Of course, you could just ignore them and let them sleep. Alice seems pretty worried about it though…

[WAITING FOR INPUT…]

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “ARPG 2-313”

  1. Consideration for all others, a good guy trait through and through.

    I know Floria would go for keeping the ferals safe, but I don’t know how the rest of the group would be about it. Myla would probably say no. Garrett would likely say yes, pure-hearted guy that he is. Bluebell would give an interesting answer, given that these are fellow ferals we are dealing with. Faera would just trust our judgement. I say just let the ferals be, wild animals sense danger better than humans (or semi-humans, in this case) after all. They might be alright by themselves.

  2. I’d say just leave the bats. I doubt they are going to do much with the ancient ruins. They aren’t that as dumb as most people would think. I say let’s just get back to Myla and Faera.

Comments are closed.